Do you test? It’s okay if you don’t – historically the tools had not been stellar. But they have gotten much better, and I am going to show you my favorite, instrumentation testing with Espresso.
In this talk you will learn:
* The basic structure of an Espresso test (Matcher, ViewAction, ViewAssertion)
* Combining matchers such as withParent, isAssignableFrom to pinpoint your view
* onData and RecyclerViewActions to test ListView and RecyclerView
* Custom ViewAction and ViewAssertion
* Using Dagger and Mockito to write repeatable tests
* Espresso intents to intercept interaction with external app
* Build flavors for dependency injection
Recorded at AnDevCon 2015.
Google apps with Espresso tests